10/12/09

Sick

My poor boyfriend came home early from work today sick with flu-like symptoms. He has been coughing like crazy (which always worries me since he has asthma) and has a nasty fever. One of his coworkers is out of work this week due to swine flu. Of course I'm taking him to the doc's office in the morning. I really hope that he just has a cold or even the "regular" flu. He told me that he hasn't been sick like this since he was a child. Poor boyfriend :( I too am starting to develop some similar symptoms but have been experience these off and on for over a week now. As long as we are both well by this weekend, I will be happy. Not only do we both work on the weekends but my best friend's son's birthday party is this weekend! Any suggestions for an awesome gift for a 4 year old boy? Ooo I should make the boyfriend my "big veggie soup" that I came up with a few years ago. It's yumtastic:





On a totally unrelated topic, my mom recently asked me if I would be interested in going Christmas shopping with her this week. It was pretty good timing as I feel obligated to get my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving. My apartment is very close to the largest shopping mall in the city, which means that I most likely won't even be able to get out of the parking lot of my apartment complex between November and the first of January. The traffic in this area during Christmastime is freaking insane. This was something that I pondered over when we first moved into the apartment. I just kept wondering if emergency vehicles would be able to get to us if we really needed them. My roommates are totally convinced that all will be well...did I mention that all of my roommates are boys? I guess the one good thing about living so close to so much shopping is that I don't have to drive very far to get to the stores :) Online shopping is something that I considered but every time I think about the trouble that I had with amazon.com during Christmastime last year, I think better of it. Have you all started doing your Christmas shopping yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment