10/7/09

Halloween Costume

I am having a heck of a time trying to decide what to be for Halloween! Last year I was a "sexy referee" and the boyfriend was a football player. It cost me around $40 for my costume and I got to wear it 3 or 4 times. It was nice that I was able to attend so many costume parties so that I felt like I didn't waste $40 on something I wore only once. This year I don't have as much money to spend nor do I have as many costume party plans. The night before Halloween I will be at a Miyavi concert (I do a little happy dance every time I think about this), which means that I'll be missing the biggest local Halloween event. Miyavi is worth missing a costume party, heck, he's worth missing Halloween altogether. I digress...my goal this year is to wear yet another sexy costume but pay around $30. Also, the boyfriend and I would like to wear matching costumes again. I'd like to avoid any sports themed costumes since we've already done that. Maybe next year I'll try the cute baseball player costume out. Ugh, it's so dang cute that I might just have to do it!! Anyway, the costumes that I'm looking at right now are the Hogwarts student, Eskimo, and Cotton Candy Cutie. Over time I lean more towards the Eskimo because it's the warmest costume and the boyfriend could easily match me. I've searched the internet like crazy. My boyfriend thought it might be cool for one of us to be a cop and for the other to be a criminal/prisoner. Please share any ideas that you may have for affordable pre-made or DIY costumes. Oh and if you are needing a costume, the aformentioned referee costume is for sale: HERE

2 comments:

  1. haha! michael and i are going to be hermione and ron!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Do you have a Hermione costume picked out yet? I thought about being a Hogwarts student and then Brandon could be Hagrid. He would be perfect for that. Please tell me that you talked Michael into wearing a red wig :)

    ReplyDelete