10/18/09

Brr

After making what may be a poor decision to stop taking my Tamiflu a day early, I'm finally starting to feel much better. While I was sick, the weather also made a big choice-it became winter. At the beginning of last week it as very mild and pleasant outside. Now, it's in the 40s and 30s! The boyfriend was thoughtful enough to bring my plants in while I was sick so that they wouldn't freeze :) Aww I didn't even have to tell him to do it. The sudden change in season has been a real shock. It felt as if it was suddenly Christmastime. Seems like everyone around here thought so too. The traffic was terrible around the mall area yesterday. I can only assume that everyone woke up to a very chilly morning and realized that there was nothing else to do but get started on early Christmas/Holiday shopping.

About a week ago I crocheted up some cute catnip toys. The first one I made got tested out on our cat, Kaya. She went nuts over the toy! I was very flattered :) It was probably one of the best responses I've gotten to any of my crafted items. She grabbed the toy between her two front paws and rubbed it in a larger circular motion over her face and head. I was hoping to have them available at Little Pink Elephant this week, but for obvious reasons, I wasn't able to get many of them finished. Kaya's adorable reaction to the toy really needs to be caught on video, which I can do, but I'm totally clueless as to how to upload the video.

As of late, I've been leaning more towards crocheting. Partially this is because I wanted to get more practice (for various reasons) but also, I find that crochet moves more quickly than knitting does. Another thing that I've noticed about crochet is that gauge doesn't seem to matter as much as it does in knitting. Has anyone else noticed these differences? Eventually, I hope to be as comfortable with crochet as I am with knitting. I really like the idea of combing these two needle crafts to make some new and interesting items.

For what seems like ages I've been wanting to make various things from felt fabric. What I'm most interested in making is felt appliques to add to my knit/crochet items. Seeing as I'm still not fully mobile, I'm going to give this a try today. I'm actually looking forward to trying something new and not feeling guilty for just sitting on my butt crafting rather than doing housework or something else productive. Crafting is producting though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment