7/9/09

Updates and Thoughts

The past few days have been filled with anxiety and impatience for my friends and me. We have been waiting for over two weeks to find out if we were approved for an apartment. We found out that they denied us due to an error on one of the forms that we filled out. The error made it appear as if our combined income exceeded the income cap set in place by the owners of the apartments. *sigh*

We have since moved on and gained energy and determination from this. I didn't intend for that to sound so...epic...anyway, after many phone calls and what felt like a million apartment viewings, we feel that we have found a really great place. They have a deal going on this month which means that we would be paying far less for an apartment that would have normally cost nearly 1,000 a month. The location is great as it is close to several of the jobs that I've applied for. Although, at Christmastime, this location will be horrible but at this point I don't care.

On a more crafty note, I've been thinking about picking up my old SLR again. Several years ago I attempted photography as a hobby, but wound up putting my camera away and was left feeling terribly frustrated with the whole craft. At first, I went at it with the same excitement and determination as I did knitting but never really got the same results (in terms of quality). It also seemed, to me, that photography burned a lot of money whereas knitting and crochet didn't. One can knit a scarf, purse, booties, or any other relatively small but useful item for less than four dollars. Buying film (yes it's a 35mm not a digital) and paying to have the pictures developed (from what I remember) nearly cost me 15-20 dollars each time. 20 dollars and several hours later all I would have was a pile of crappy photos that had no purpose or use.

After several months of seeing beautiful photos posted by other bloggers, I've been inspired to pick my camera back up again. This time I will not take photography so seriously. I think that I'll have all of my photos put on discs and print only the ones that I truly like and maybe post the rest on my blog, if I want to. I want to be able to enjoy using my camera rather than feeling rushed or pressured to come up with amazing results. This time, if I really choose to do this again, it will be done for me and me only.

2 comments:

  1. good luck on the apartment hunt. Your knitting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We really needed that luck :) I'm glad that we finally found a place. Again thank you for what you said about my knitting. It's cool that I can use the internet to share my hobby.

    ReplyDelete