7/16/09

Packing

This whole week I've been packing up my things and getting ready to move into my new place. One of the first things that I packed was my knitting needles. I left my crochet hooks out just in case I got bored. I'm glad that I did this as I had to make a trip to my doctor's office one morning and hate just staring at the wall while waiting for the doctor to arrive. I was able to quickly crochet up a couple of dish rags for the new place :) My roommates seemed to like the rags and I really enjoyed making them.
I find that smaller pieces like dish rags, baby booties, and neck warmers are my favorite projects. They don't require much yarn, are finished quickly, and are generally easy to make. With the economy being so wonky at the moment, projects that require little yarn are preferred over things like blankets or long scarves.
Speaking of scarves, I would love to knit another Harry Potter-style scarf. I made one for a friend once and loved the results. Last year I received the Charmed Knits book for Christmas. So far I've only tried the scarf but I look forward to trying some of the other projects as they are super cute :)
Something else that I would like to try soon is bringing some awareness to the amazing sellers on Etsy.com. If you're a crafter, than you probably already know about this site and find yourself drooling over many of the awesome creations that are for sale there. If you haven't heard of the site, I encourage you to check it out. I think that once a week I will devote a post to a different Etsy seller...I will write a little about what they do, why I love their stuff, and post a link to their Etsy shop.
It's late and I've got a lot to do tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment