7/1/09

Busy

It's been a very long time since I've written a blog. Mostly, I just haven't felt like writing, but also, I've been pretty busy. As of this August, I will be a college graduate. I'm currently looking for a job and am having absolutely no luck. There are very few jobs in my field that I'm qualified for and even fewer that are available. I've not had a job since I was a teenager which makes my resume a bit short and puny. The inadequate nature of my resume isn't helping me at all. This disappoints me as I worked very hard to earn the degree that I have and feel as if I'm being told that I should have opted to not be formally educated and that I should have been working "real world" jobs instead. I was hoping to find an entry level job in my field that would be an awesome learning experience and something that would look great on a grad. school application. I think that this is going to be yet another failure for me. I've got my resume posted on at least five different job search sites.

In addition to job searching, some friends and I have been trying to get a place together. We found this nice (new) apartment complex that is very affordable, but in order for us to live there, we have to prove that we earn less than "X" amount of income each year. This is no problem as we meet this limit, but the application process has been long and tedious. After two weeks of paper work, faxes, and multiple phone calls, we still have not been told that we are approved. You know that feeling that you get as you're waiting for the toast to pop-up from the toaster, that sort of happy anticipation? That's what waiting on approval for this apartment feels like.

My crafting has nearly come to a screeching halt. I thought that maybe I had hit some sort of a crafting menopause. Just yesterday, I was going through some of my old scrapbooking supplies and discovered a couple of those thin, promotional refrigerator magnets that you often get from pizza places. I love customizing them. I do this by using a bit of modpodge to adhere paper to the display side of the magnet to create a revamped and attractive magnet for my refrigerator. If I can remember, I will post some pics of the magnets that I've made in the past. Anyway, something about finding those magnets made me really want to craft again. So a I searched a bit more and found a pretty paper bag which I recieved as a gift bag and used it to create a new magnet. It only took me about 5 minutes to make two. This let me know that I've not lost my desire to craft, but rather, have reached a plateau. I'm not bursting with ideas and staying up late trying to get multiple knitting projects done nor have I started putting my crafting supplies away for good. Somewhere between those two is me, waiting for a good idea to come along that will inspire me to create something super special.

No comments:

Post a Comment