10/2/09

Autumn

The boyfriend and I finally decorated the apartment for Autumn and Halloween. A few weeks ago, the boyfriend pulled out an old box of decorations that he had stored at his parents' house. This box contained some of the most random assortment of Halloween decorations I've ever seen. Some of the items were so old that they had lost their ability to adhere to windows, were falling apart, or were damaged from years of use. Despite this, we were able to find several usable decorations such as a plastic jack-o-lantern and a cute little needle pointed basket made by the boyfriend's grandmother. I was able to contribute my $3 thrift store find, a cute pumpkin-shaped candy dish that sits on the coffee table and the Autumn themed wreath that I mentioned in an earlier post. The wreath was supposed to go on the front door but I'm not willing to spend any money on a hook for the door. Instead I used a thumb tack to hang the wreath on the wall above our couch. It looks a bit lonely there, but it works. Having the Halloween decorations up really makes it feel like it is officially Autumn! I hope that we are eventually able to save up a little extra money for a real pumpkin so we can carve a cool jack-o-lantern for our balcony. How about you? Have you started decorating for the season yet?

3 comments:

  1. i have not! which is just crazy because i always am in the spirit. Even seeing your lovely dcorations...i am still not into it right now. I love your wreath though. it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wreath is awesome! i've slowly but surely started with the decorations. i put a few outside yesterday. i'll snap some shots and post them when it stops raining here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been several years where I just didn't have any interest in decorating. Because this is my first place, I felt a little more inclined to give decorating a try. Everyone has said such nice things about the wreath :) I'm glad that it turned out like it did!! The closest thing to a yard that we have to decorate is our balcony. We thought about getting some orange string-lights but realized that we'd rather save up for a pumpkin instead. I can't wait to see everyone's pics!!

    ReplyDelete