7/30/09

No camera and new Little Pink Elephant items this fall.

At the moment, I have no camera. The camera that I was using in the past is actually my mom's camera. I really need to get one for myself. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good, cheap digital camera? I've not even begun to do any research yet. My mom's camera wasn't all that great to me. Nearly all pictures that were taken indoors were blurry and just generally gross in quality. I have a Nikon N80 but it's a 35mm SLR, which makes uploading pics to my blog and myspace, not impossible, but a lot harder.

The reason I'm writing about this is because I have recently knit up a couple of things but have no way of sharing these with you. After seeing the newest Harry Potter film (which was a delicious gallery of knitting) , I immediately came home and knitted up a mug cozy using some left over yarn from a Gryffindor scarf that I made last winter. The cozy knitted up super quickly! It probably took me only a couple of hours and that includes weaving in the ends. This is definitely an item that you should expect to see being sold on Little Pink Elephant this fall (in different colors of course due to copyright laws, but feel free to send me a message).

The other item that I made didn't come out as nicely as my mug cozy, but was a darn good learning experience. Finally, after several failed attempts and years of practice, I've made a hat. Of course, I messed up the gauge and it came out just large enough to fit an infant's head. Because it's knit flat, I decided that the best solution was to just knit a duplicate and sew the two together. Despite a little bit of wonkiness, the overall plan actually worked. My favorite thing about the hat is the colors. I used Rasta colors (red, gold, green, and black). Several people have suggested to me that I knit up some stuff using this "color theme" and so far, I've had a lot of fun with it. From now on, I think that I will knit hats in the round. Every time that I've tried to knit a hat flat, there is a lot of bulge or bumpiness at the crown. The lumpiness is smoothed out when worn, but is very unattractive when it is laid out flat. Expect to see a lot of Rasta themed items on Little Pink Elephant very soon, as I have a feeling that they will be pretty popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment